- 2 pounds potatoes
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour (GF use Domata)
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup shredded, cooked corned beef
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Peel half the potatoes. Cut the peeled potatoes into 1-inch pieces.
- In a medium saucepan, cover half the potatoes with salted water and bring to a simmer.
- Cook until the potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain the cooked potatoes and force through a ricer into a bowl.
- Peel the remaining potatoes and grate with a box grater.
- Wrap the grated potatoes in a kitchen towel and squeeze as much liquid from them as you can.
- Transfer the grated potatoes to the bowl. Stir in the flour, milk, egg, 3/4 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper and corned beef.
- Form the batter into 1/3-cup-sized patties.
- In a large heavy skillet, heat half the butter over medium heat until hot, then cook the patties in batches, turning occasionally, until golden, about 8 minutes per batch.
- Cook the remaining patties in the remaining butter. Serve.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market