- 2 tablespoons oil
- 12 oz. beef, sliced thinly against the grain and mixed with 1 teaspoon oil and 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ of a red bell pepper, sliced thinly
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dark soy sauce (GF use La Choy)
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup basil leaves, packed
- cilantro, to garnish
- Heat your wok over high heat, and add the oil.
- Sear the beef until just browned, remove from the wok, and set aside.
- Add the garlic and red pepper to the wok and stir-fry for about 20 seconds. Add the onions and stir-fry until browned and slightly caramelized.
- Toss the beef back in, along with the soy sauce, dark soy sauce, oyster sauce, fish sauce, and sugar.
- Stir-fry for another few seconds, and then fold in the Thai basil until its just wilted.
- Serve with jasmine rice, and garnish with cilantro.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market