- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 12-oz. pkg. white chocolate chips, divided
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (GF use Domata)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- ½ cup raspberry jam or red raspberry preserves
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- In a saucepan, melt butter.
- Remove from the heat; cool for about 5-7 minutes.
- Add 1 cup chips (do not stir).
- In a small mixing bowl, beat eggs until foamy; add sugar and almond extract.
- Add chip mixture to bowl with eggs.
- Combine flour and salt; add to egg mixture just until combined. (I use a wooden spoon).
- Spread half of the batter into a greased 9-inch square baking pan.
- Bake at 325° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- (Mine took 30 minutes before it was set up enough and I was doubling the recipe).
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt jam; spread over warm crust.
- Spread jam leaving about ? edge so jam does not adhere to side edge of pan.
- Stir remaining chips into the remaining batter; drop by teaspoonfuls over the jam layer.
- Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes longer or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. (Mine took 40-45 minutes for a double batch).
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Cut into bars.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market