- 2 kg mixed seafood, such as clams, mussels, prawns and scallops , from sustainable sources, ask your fishmonger
- 2 cloves garlic , peeled
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 lemons
- extra virgin olive oil
- a few sprigs of soft fresh herbs, such as parsley, mint and tarragon , leaves picked and chopped, to serve
- Fire up the oven to 350 degrees.
- Clean and wash your shellfish, pulling the beards off the mussels and throwing away any open ones. Bash the garlic with a good pinch of salt in a pestle and mortar until creamy, then grate in the lemon zest (reserve the lemons), add a good pinch of pepper and pour in enough oil to make a dressing.
- Spread the shellfish out in a large roasting tray and drizzle with the dressing. Toss everything together, then spread the shellfish out again.
- Halve the lemons, add them to the tray, then slide it into the hot oven and roast for 10 minutes or until all the shells have opened and the prawns and scallops are golden and cooked through. Keep an eye on them and rotate the tray for even cooking.
- Serve the shellfish straight away, scattered with chopped herbs, and with lots of napkins!
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market