- 4 Boneless and skinless skate wing about 1 ½ lb.
- ½ c milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 Tbls. All purpose flour or gluten free flour
- 3 Tbls. Vegetable oil or corn oil
- 4 Tbls. Butter
- ½ c sweet red peppers. Cut into ¼ in cubes
- 1/3 c drained capers
- 2 Tbls. Minced shallots
- 2 Tbls. Red wine vinegar
- 4 Tbls. Finley chopped parsley
- Place skate fillets in a large platter deep enough to cover all wings.
- Pour milk over skate and season with salt and pepper.
- Remove skate from platter and dredge in flour to cover both sides.
- Heat oil in pan over medium high heat. When oil is hot but not smoking add fillets if it is necessary to cook in two batches use same oil. Sauté on both sides until golden brown. About 3 minutes per side. Remove from skillet and place on warm serving platter.
- Wipe out skillet with towel, and return to heat.
- Melt butter and add red peppers, shaking pan frequently until butter turns light brown. Add capers and shallots, vinegar and parsley, cook briefly.
- Pour sauce over skate wing and serve.
- Serve with an off dry Riesling, or chardonnay, preferably a buttery chardonnay.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market