- 6 Dry sea scallops
- 1 Lime, zested
- ½ c cilantro chopped
- 1 Chipotle chili, chopped
- 1 c raspberry preserve
- 1 c mayo
- 2 oz. butter
- 1 pint butter milk
- Place scallops in a bowl and cover with buttermilk. Set aside for one hour. Longer if possible.
- Remove from buttermilk and pat dry.
- Aioli: Zest one lime adds to mayo. Add cilantro mix well set aside
- Sauce: in small sauce pan warm raspberry preserve over medium heat. Add chopped chipotle chili, keep warm.
- Scallops: place butter in pre heated pan, over medium heat. When butter has melted but not smoking place scallops in pan. Cook on each side about 1 ½ to 2 minutes or until each side has turned light brown. Remove from pan.
- Place sauce on plate, lay scallops on top of sauce. Place a small amount of the aioli on top of scallop.
- Garnish with fresh raspberries and cilantro.
- Serve a Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc with this dish. Due to the heat of the sauce you could also serve a semi sweet wine or prosecco.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market