- 8-10 pound spiral-cut ham
- 3 granny smith apples
- 1/4 cup whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom (or substitute cinnamon)
- To fit the standing ham in your oven, remove one oven rack and lower the other rack to the lowest position.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil and set the spiral ham on top.
- Peel and core the apples, then slice into paper-thin rounds.
- Tuck the apple slices between the slices of ham, skipping a row here and there, and spacing them out all the way around the ham.
- Once the ham gets too full of apples to hold its shape, turn the ham flat-side-down.
- Whisk the mustards, honey, and cardamom together in a small bowl. Brush over the entire surface of the ham.
- Bake for 1 hour. Brush the pan juices over the ham, and bake for 1 more hour, until crispy on the outside. Brush the pan juices over the ham again before serving warm.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market