- 1 (3-4 lbs) pork loin roast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ? cup honey
- ? cup soy sauce (Gluten Free use LaChoy)
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Sprinkle salt and pepper on all sides of roast and then brown all sides of the roast in the olive oil (I usually sear each side for 2-3 minutes).
- Place roast in slow cooker (also, scrape whatever is left in the skillet into the slow cooker - it adds good flavor!).
- In a medium bowl, mix together honey, soy sauce, red wine vinegar, dry mustard, salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Pour over the top of the pork roast and cook on low for 5-7 hours (depending on the size of your roast).
- When finished cooking, remove roast from slow cooker and place on a serving place.
- Pour remaining liquid from slow cooker into a medium-sized saucepan and heat on stove over medium-high heat. Mix together cornstarch and cold water, then add to saucepan. Cook until sauce starts to thicken, then pour over the top of pork roast
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market