- 1/2 Cup of Vegetable Shortening.
- 1 Cup of Milk.
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons of Vanilla Extract.
- 2 Cups Plus 2 Tablespoons of All-Purpose Flour. GF us Domata
- 1 1/2 Cups of Granulated Sugar.
- 4 Teaspoons of Baking Powder.
- 1 Teaspoon of Salt.
- 4 Large Egg Whites.
- Powdered Sugar for Dusting (Optional).
- 10" Iron Skillet.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- With a handheld or stand mixer with paddle attachment, cream together your milk, shortening and vanilla for a few minutes.
- In a separate bowl, place your flour, baking powder, salt and sugar, and mix these all together.
- Add flour about one third at a time, mixing until all is incorporated.
- Now put in your egg whites, and mix until just combined.
- Pour your batter into your oiled iron skillet and bake for 40-45 minutes (I took mine out at 42), let cool a little and serve with powdered sugar on top or with fresh fruit and ice cream.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market