- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 250g quinoa
- 750 ml good quality vegetable stock
- 4 small zucchini
- 300g asparagus
- 250g frozen peas
- For the dressing:
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Big handful of finely chopped fresh mint
- Plenty of sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- To serve:
- Rinse your quinoa thoroughly in a sieve until the water runs clear.
- Put your oil into a saucepan over a medium heat and fry your quinoa for 5 minutes.
- Add the stock and boil for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice your courgettes lengthways and trim your asparagus and griddle them all for a few minutes on each side until soft.
- Make your dressing by mixing all of the ingredients together and whisking well or shaking in a jam jar.
- Cook the peas in boiling water for 3 or 4 minutes and drain.
- When the 20 minutes is up, switch off the heat and leave the lid on the quinoa saucepan for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Roughly chop the courgette and asparagus and mix with the quinoa, peas and dressing.
- Serve with shavings of Parmesan cheese
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market