- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ½ a french baguette, sliced thin (GF use Schaar GF Baguettes)
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon rosemary
- 4 ounces triple cream brie
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the butter and olive oil. Brush both sides of the baguette slices with mixture and line them up on a baking sheet. Set aside.
- In another small bowl, stir together the cranberries, balsamic vinegar, sugar, and rosemary.
- Spread these out on a rimmed baking sheet. (They get pretty sticky, so if you want to avoid scrubbing, line the pan with parchment paper).
- Place the cranberries in the oven. Roast for five minutes, then add the tray of baguette slices to the oven. Roast for an additional 6 minutes then remove the baguette slices, flip them over, and return to the oven for another 4-6 minutes, or until crispy and golden. At this point, the cranberries should be popped open with juices running out. Remove both the cranberries and baguette slices from the oven.
- Top each baguette with a slice of brie and a spoonful of cranberries. Garnish with thyme if desired.
- These can be served while the cranberries are still warm, or you can make the components ahead of time.
- The cranberries can be chilled overnight and the crostini will keep in a zip lock bag.
- Simply assemble and serve at room temperature when you're ready!
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market