- For the batter:
- 1 pound butter
- 1 pound brown sugar
- 1 pound confectioners' sugar
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground nutmeg
- To Make the cocktail:
- 1 orange; quartered
- Rimming sugar; half granulated and half brown sugar spread on a plate
- 4 oz. boiling water
- 2 oz. rum
- 2-3 Tbsp. hot buttered rum batter
- Whipped cream (add a small bit of rum for a rum flavored one)
- Nutmeg and/or cinnamon stick for garnish
- Melt butter in a large pan over medium heat. Blend in brown sugar and confectioners' sugar. Remove from heat, and whisk in the ice cream, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Pour mixture into container(s), seal, and freeze.
- To Serve:
- Warm the mugs or glasses to be used by filling with hot water; then empty.
- Rim the edge of the mug or glass with the cut orange and dip the rim in the combination of white and brown sugars.
- Squeeze the juice from a quarter of the orange into the mug.
- Fill the mug with the hot water and then add the rum and the batter.
- Stir, top with a dollop of whipped cream (optional) and a sprinkle of nutmeg.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market