- 4 slices whole-grain bread (each about 2 1/2- by 5-inches), lightly toasted
- 3 oz fresh goat cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup (1 oz) coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp roasted walnut oil
- Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Honey, for drizzling
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- Preheat the oven or toaster oven to 375 degrees F.
- Arrange the toasts on a small rimmed baking sheet.
- Spread the toast slices evenly with the goat cheese, and sprinkle with the walnuts, dividing them evenly. Drizzle 1/4 tsp of the walnut oil over each toast.
- Bake until the walnuts are toasted and the cheese is warm, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the toasts to plates and season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle each toast with honey, then sprinkle with the thyme leaves and serve.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market