- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup (6 oz) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp table salt
- zest of one orange
- 2 cups (260 grams) all-purpose flour GF use Domata
- 12 oz fresh cranberries
- 1. Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- 2. In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the eggs and sugar using the whisk attachment. Whip until the eggs have turned pale yellow and the mixture has thickened and more than doubled in volume, about 3-5 minutes.
- 3. Add the softened butter, vanilla, salt and orange zest and mix until incorporated.
- 4. Stir the flour in with a spatula, followed by the cranberries. Stir just until mixed.
- 5. Pour into a 9×13 baking pan coated with non-stick spray,or even better, line it with foil and then spray the foil with non-stick spray (this will make it much easier to remove from the pan). Bake in the preheated oven 45-50 minutes, until browned on top and a toothpick stuck in the middle of the cake comes out free of cake-crumbs.
- 6. Cut into 16 squares. Store leftover cake in the refrigerator.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market