- 1 teaspoon butter or butter substitute
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 8 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup nonfat milk
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups packed baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 cup finely shredded romano or parmesan cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-by-8-inch glass or metal baking dish with butter; set aside.
- 2. Put quinoa into a fine-mesh strainer and rinse under cold running water until water runs clear; drain well.
- 3. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, garlic, thyme, salt, pepper, and quinoa. Stir in spinach, then pour mixture into prepared dish.
- 4. Cover tightly with foil then jiggle dish gently from side to side so that quinoa settles on the bottom in an even layer. Bake until just set, about 45 minutes.
- 5. Remove foil and sprinkle top evenly with cheese. Return to oven and bake, uncovered, until golden brown and crisp, 10 to 15 minutes more.
- 6. Set aside to let cool briefly, then slice and serve.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market