- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pasilla chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1/3 cup water
- Salt and pepper
- Mix the sweet potato, onion, bell pepper, and garlic to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, pasilla chili powder, salt, and cumin together.
- Pour the spiced oil over the potato mixture and stir the vegetables until they are evenly coated.
- In a large sauté pan, heat one tablespoon of the olive oil on med-high heat. Add the uncooked spiced vegetables to the pan. Stirring every other minute, cook the hash for 6-8 minutes until the sweet potatoes are fork tender.
- Add the kale and water and mix the greens until they become wilted, approximately one minute. Season with additional salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market