- 1 boneless pork loin roast (about 3 to 3½ pounds)
- 3 apples, peeled, cored and diced
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup chopped dried cranberries
- ? cup bread crumbs (GF use GF bread crumbs)
- ? cup melted butter
- 2 tsp fresh thyme, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1. In a large bowl, make the stuffing by stirring together the diced apples, chopped walnuts, cranberries, bread crumbs, melted butter and thyme. Set aside.
- 2. Butterfly the pork loin
- 3. Spread the stuffing across the butterflied pork loin, leaving about ½ inch edge on all sides. Roll up the pork loin and tie it up using kitchen string (refer to the pictures above to see how to roll up a stuffed pork loin).
- 4. Place in the fridge until ready to cook
- 5. Preheat oven to 350F.
- 6. Place stuffed pork loin on a roasting pan or baking sheet with a rack. Sprinkle with a little bit of salt and fresh ground pepper.
- 7. Cook in the oven for about 1 hour 15 minutes. The internal temperature of the pork should be 145-150F.
- 8. Remove from the oven and let rest for 10-15 minutes.
- 9. Slice and serve.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market