- 6 tablespoon butter (no substitutions)
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 and ½ cup self-rising flour (GF use Domata)
- 1 and ½ cup granulated sugar
- ? cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 and ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 and ½ cup hot water
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. Add butter to a 9x13 inch cake pan or casserole dish and melt in oven.
- 3. Once butter is melted, sprinkle the pecans over butter.
- 4. In a bowl, mix flour, sugar, milk and vanilla. Stir to combine, but don't over-mix.
- 5. Pour batter over butter and pecans, do not mix.
- 6. Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over batter, do not stir.
- 7. Carefully pour the hot water over the mixture; do not stir.
- 8. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Best served warm with ice cream or whipped cream. Enjoy!
- Cobbler will not be firm after 35 minutes. It will firm up as it cools. If over-cooked, there will be less sauce.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market