- 1 (2.5 lb) chuck roast
- 1 (14 oz) can beef broth
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 Tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 Tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Juice of 1 Lime
- Spray crock pot with cooking spray.
- Place roast inside crock pot.
- Pour the beef broth over the roast and then squeeze with fresh lime juice.
- In a small bowl, whisk together chili powder, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the roast with the spice mixture.
- Cover with lid, and cook on Low heat 8 to 10 hours, or on High heat 5 to 6 hours.
- Remove roast from crock pot and transfer to a large platter. Shred meat and remove any fat.
- Return shredded beef to crock pot. Cover with lid and cook an additional 30 minutes.
- Remove beef with tongs to drain juices before serving in tortillas.
- SERVE WITH
- Warm flour or corn tortillas
- Shredded lettuce
- Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Diced tomato
- Sour Cream
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market