- For the Krispy layer:
- 1 3/4 cups Rice Krispies cereal (GF use GF Rice Crispies)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- For the milk chocolate peanut butter layer:
- 5 ounces milk chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- For the dark chocolate top layer:
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Line 8 x 8 inch pan with non-stick foil.
- Pour the water into a small pot and carefully add the sugar and corn syrup into the center of the pan.
- Stir with a spoon until it reaches 235º on a candy thermometer.
- Remove from heat, stir in the melted butter and pour the mixture over the cereal in a bowl.
- Stir to coat and press into the pan using a silicone spatula. Stick in the freezer to cool.
- For the chocolate peanut butter layer:
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the peanut butter and chocolate.
- Stir to combine and pour over the crust. Stick back in the freezer until firm.
- Make the dark chocolate glaze: In a microwave safe bowl, heat the chocolate, corn syrup and butter till melted.
- Stir and spread over the peanut butter layer. Chill again!
- Cut into squares. Keep squares chilled.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market