- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour (GF Use Domata)
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in the egg.
- Add lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Gradually mix in the flour until incorporated.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Using the tines of a fork, cross marks in the cookies to slightly flatten them (as pictured).
- Bake cookies for 15 minutes or until cookies are set on top and slightly golden on bottom.
- Transfer to cooling rack and immediately dust with powdered sugar (sugar will melt into cookies from the remaining heat).
- Once completely cool, dust cookies again with powdered sugar.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market