- 3 ripe peaches, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (GF use Domata)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Sweetened vanilla Greek yogurt or vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Line a 9-by-13-inch baking pan with parchment paper and coat with vegetable oil spray.
- In a bowl, toss the peaches with 1/4 cup of the olive oil, 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons of the sugar and the salt. Let stand until juicy, about 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, the remaining 3/4 cup of sugar and 1 1/4 cups of olive oil.
- In another bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Whisk the dry ingredients into the egg mixture. Fold in the peaches and juices.
- Scrape the batter into the pan; bake for 35 minutes, until golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool slightly, then serve with Greek yogurt.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market