- 2 pounds small to medium Red Bliss potatoes (about 12)
- Kosher salt
- 1/3 cup crème fraîche or mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup or 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup canola oil, plus more for brushing
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley plus 1 teaspoon minced parsley
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- In a large saucepan, cover the potatoes with water and bring to a boil.
- Add a generous pinch of salt and simmer over moderately low heat until just tender, about 15 minutes. Drain the potatoes and let cool completely, then cut them in half lengthwise.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the crème fraîche, vinegar, corn syrup, mustard, celery seeds and garlic.
- Gradually whisk in the 1/4 cup of oil. Stir in the crushed red pepper, oregano and 1 teaspoon of minced parsley and season the dressing with salt and pepper.
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan.
- Generously brush the potatoes with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the potatoes, cut side down, over moderately high heat, turning once, until lightly charred and hot, 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate and let cool slightly.
- Toss the potatoes with the dressing and season them with salt and pepper.
- Fold in the cucumber, red onion and the 1/2 cup of chopped parsley and serve.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market