- 3/4 pound rhubarb stalks, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups chilled heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 pint blueberries
- In a saucepan, combine the rhubarb with the sugar, water and salt and bring to a boil.
- Simmer over moderately low heat, stirring occasionally, until the fruit is very soft, 20 minutes.
- Strain the syrup through a cheesecloth-lined sieve into a heatproof bowl, pressing. Stir in the lemon juice.
- Let the syrup cool, then refrigerate until chilled, about 45 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream with the maple syrup until firm peaks form.
- Put the blueberries in bowls or glasses and top with the maple whipped cream.
- Spoon some of the rhubarb syrup on top and serve.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market