- 1 cup whole Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons tahini
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 English cucumberpeeled and finely diced
- 1/2 cup lightly packed mint, finely chopped
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- Chipotle chile powder
- Thinly sliced scallions, for garnish
- Warm flatbread or steamed rice, for serving
- In a medium bowl, whisk the yogurt, lime juice, garlic, tahini, turmeric and 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Fold in the cucumber and mint and season with salt and pepper.
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Generously brush the chicken thighs with olive oil and season with salt, pepper and chipotle chile powder.
- Grill the chicken over moderately high heat, turning occasionally, until lightly charred outside and cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a carving board and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces and transfer them to a large bowl.
- Add half of the cucumber yogurt and toss well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the yogurt chicken to plates, garnish with sliced scallions and serve with warm flatbread or steamed rice, passing the remaining cucumber yogurt at the table.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market