- 2 cups all-purpose flour (GF use Domata)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- Banana Butter
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 very ripe banana, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Make the muffins Preheat the oven to 375° and fill 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour with the baking powder and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk the butter with the milk, both sugars, lemon zest and eggs.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk just until combined.
- Fold in the blueberries. Spoon the batter into the muffin cups and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the muffins are golden.
- Let cool for 5 minutes. Unmold the muffins and let cool on a rack.
- Make the banana butter In a food processor, puree the butter, banana, lemon juice and salt. Serve with the muffins.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market