- 1 cup packed parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped oregano
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Kosher salt
- 20 large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 cups cooked or thawed frozen black-eyed peas
- 2 cups yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups baby arugula
- In a medium bowl, whisk the parsley with the olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, garlic and crushed red pepper.
- Season the chimichurri generously with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss the shrimp with 1/4 cup of the chimichurri and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Season the shrimp lightly with salt and pepper and grill over high heat, turning once, until lightly charred and just cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- In a large bowl, toss the black-eyed peas with the tomatoes, arugula and 1/4 cup of the chimichurri; season with salt and pepper.
- Pile the salad on plates, top with the shrimp and serve, passing the remaining chimichurri at the table.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market