- 2 cups rolled oats (GF Use GF Oats)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (Gf use Domata)
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat pastry flour (GF use Domata)
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- Flaky sea salt, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, whisk the oats with the flours, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle, beat the butter with both sugars and the vanilla at medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs 1 at a time and beat until incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients and beat at low speed until just combined.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate the cookie dough until chilled, at least 1 hour.
- Line 2 large rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Working in 2 batches, using a 1-ounce ice cream scoop or two tablespoons, scoop the dough onto the prepared sheets, spaced at least 2 inches apart.
- Flatten the cookies slightly and sprinkle each with a pinch of sea salt.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until golden brown at the edges; rotate the baking sheets from top to bottom and front to back halfway through baking.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market