- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 - 2 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 - 8 cups mixed lettuce leaves
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into strips
- ½ half cup red onion, diced
- 1 avocado, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 jalapeno peppers, deseeded and cut into bite size pieces
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup of shredded cheese
- Dressing Ingredients:
- ¼ cup of sour cream
- juice and zest of one lime
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 - 3 teaspoons taco seasoning mix
- In a small bowl or cruet, combine the sour cream, lime juice, lime zest, oil, honey and taco seasoning.
- Stir or shake to combine.
- Place in the refrigerator to chill while you prepare the rest of the salad.
- Place the shrimp in a container with a lid. Sprinkle the taco seasoning over the
- shrimp. Place the lid on the container. Shake to coat.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan over a medium flame. Add shrimp to the pan, making sure they lie flat and do not over lap. Cook for 3 minutes, or until the side touching the pan starts to turn pink.
- Flip the shrimp and cook for another 3 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and allow the shrimp to cool.
- In a large bowl combine lettuce, peppers, onion, avocado, and tomatoes. Add shrimp and cheese.
- Just before serving, pour dressing over the salad and toss.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market