- 1 cup Quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups Water
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Red Cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup Corn Kernels, cooked
- 1 Red Pepper, diced
- 1 Carrot, diced
- 1 bunch Broccoli, de-stemmed
- For Dressing:
- 2 tablespoons Sesame Oil
- 1½ tablespoons Tahini
- 3 tablespoons Rice Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Sugar
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced Ginger
- ½ cup Vegetable Broth
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- In a small pot, combine quinoa, salt and water. Bring to a boil; turn down to a simmer and cover. Let cook for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, lightly steam carrot and broccoli - make sure they still remain slightly crunchy.
- Once quinoa is cooked, transfer to a large mixing bowl and add in Red Cabbage, Corn, Red Pepper, Carrot and Broccoli. Toss to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients together.
- Pour dressing into quinoa a little at a time, and toss with each addition. Do this until all the dressing has been used.
- Enjoy your warm, delicious quinoa!
- This salad is best served warm as it allows the flavor of the dressing to really shine through.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market