- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (GF use Domata)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup chunky natural peanut butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350° and position racks in the upper and lower thirds.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour with the salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the butter, peanut butter and both sugars at high speed until pale and fluffy, 2 minutes. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- At low speed, gradually beat in the dry ingredients until just incorporated.
- Form half of the dough into 1-inch balls and arrange them 2 inches apart on 2 large baking sheets.
- Using a fork, gently press the tops of the cookies to form a crosshatch pattern.
- Bake the cookies for 12 to 15 minutes, until lightly browned; shift the baking sheets from top to bottom and front to back halfway through baking.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheets for 2 minutes before transferring them to a rack to cool completely.
- Let the baking sheets cool slightly, and then repeat with the remaining dough.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market