- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour (GF use Domata)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- One 13-ounce jar Nutella
- 2 cups rolled oats (GF use Bobs RedMill GF Oats)
- Preheat the oven to 375° and line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour with the salt, cinnamon and baking soda.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle, beat the shortening with both sugars at medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in the eggs 1 at a time, scraping down the side of the bowl.
- Add the Nutella and beat until smooth. Reduce the speed to low and beat in the dry ingredients until just incorporated, then beat in the oats.
- Scoop 1-tablespoon mounds of dough 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until the edges are lightly browned and the cookies are just set; shift the pans from front to back and top to bottom halfway through baking.
- Immediately transfer the cookies from the pan to racks to cool.
- Repeat with the remaining dough.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market