- 1 pound gemelli pasta (GF use GF pasta)
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 large garlic cloves, very finely chopped
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped thyme
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 weisswursts
- 4 hot or sweet Italian sausages
- 4 assorted colored bell peppers
- 2 heads of radicchio, cut into 6 wedges each (Grill sausage and vegetables then slice)
- 2 large celery ribs, thinly sliced on the bias
- 1/4 pound smoked mozzarella, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup chopped basil
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta until al dente.
- Drain, reserving 1/4 cup of the cooking water.
- Transfer the pasta to a large bowl. Drizzle lightly with olive oil and toss to coat.
- Let cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, stir the lemon juice with the lemon zest, tomato paste, garlic, shallot and thyme.
- Stir in the 6 tablespoons of olive oil and the reserved pasta cooking water.
- Season the dressing with salt and pepper.
- Add 1/4 cup of the dressing to the pasta and toss.
- Add the sausages, peppers, radicchio, celery, mozzarella and the remaining dressing and toss well.
- Season the pasta salad with salt and pepper, sprinkle with the basil and serve.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market