- For the dressing
- ? cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons warm water
- 1 or 2 large cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar or honey
- juice of one lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- a handful of parsley leaves
- For the salad
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 8 leaves romaine lettuce
- 3 large carrots, peeled
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- ¾ cup chopped herbs of choice
- Parmesan cheese for serving
- Puree the dressing ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Store in fridge until ready to use.
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions. When finished cooking, chill in the fridge or freezer. The texture of the salad is better when the quinoa is cool and crumbles a little more easily (instead of hot and sticky).
- Shred the lettuce into long, thin pieces (or to whatever texture you like). Cut the carrots into a few big chunks and mince them in the food processor with 3-5 pulses.
- Toss the tomatoes, carrots, and chopped herbs together.
- Toss the cooled quinoa with the dressing; add the carrots, tomatoes, and herb mixture.
- When ready to serve, toss with the lettuce.
- For my herbs, I did ¼ cup each of basil, parsley, and green onions.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market