- 1 c instant oats (gluten-free if necessary)
- ¾ c whole wheat or gluten-free* flour (domata)
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ c maple syrup
- ¾ c grated carrots (about 1 smallish medium)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, egg, and vanilla. Stir in the maple syrup until thoroughly incorporated.
- Add in the flour mixture, stirring just until incorporated.
- Fold in the carrots. Chill the dough for at least 30 minutes. (If chilling longer, cover with plastic wrap, ensuring it touches the entire surface of the cookie dough.)
- Preheat the oven to 325°F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat.
- Drop the cookie dough into 15 rounded scoops on the baking sheet. (If chilled longer than 1.5 hours, flatten slightly.)
- Bake at 325°F for 12-15 minutes.
- Cool on the baking sheet for at least 15 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market