- 8 large russet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 small onion, minced
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Place the potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil.
- Cook the potatoes at a boil for 10 minutes; drain. Set potatoes aside to cool.
- Once potatoes are cool enough to handle, slide the skin from the potatoes and discard; refrigerate peeled potatoes until completely cold, about 1 hour.
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish with 1 tablespoon butter.
- Grate 2 of the potatoes into the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle about 1/4 of the minced onion over the layer of potato; season with salt and black pepper.
- Repeat layering until all ingredients are used and dish is full.
- Drizzle melted butter, whipping cream, and half and half over the potato mixture; season with paprika.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the top is bubbling, about 30 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley to serve.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market