- 1 whole Large (or 2 Small) Onions
- 2 sticks Butter (lots And Lots Of Butter)
- 2 pounds (to 3 Pounds) Cube Steak (tenderized Round Steak That's Been Extra Tenderized)
- Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 1/2 cup (approximately) Worcestershire Sauce
- Tabasco Sauce, To Taste
- 4 whole French/deli Rolls
- Slice onions and cook in 1/4 stick butter until soft and light brown. Remove and set aside.
- Slice cube steak against the grain. Season with Lawrys.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter over high heat (in same skillet) until melted and beginning to brown.
- Add meat in single layer. Cook one side until brown, then flip and cook until brown, about a minute on both sides.
- Add 1/2 cup (at least) Worcestershire sauce, 5 to 6 shakes Tabasco, and 2 tablespoons butter. Add cooked onions. Stir to combine.
- Butter halved French rolls and brown in skillet.
- To assemble, lay bottom half of French roll on plate. Place meat mixture, followed by a spoonful of juice from the pan. Top with other half of roll, cut in half, and devour!
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market