- 2.5 pounds Yukon gold potatoes
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 4 ounces blue cheese
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Wash potatoes and peel or cut off any dark spots or imperfections, leaving as much skin on as possible.
- Cut into cubes and place in a large stock pot, covering with cold water.
- Bring to a boil and cook until tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and place back in the pot over low heat.
- Add butter and buttermilk, then use a potato masher and mash until your desired texture has been reached.
- Mash in salt and pepper, then mash in the cheese and crumbled bacon, saving a bit for the top if desired.
- Taste and season additionally if desired. Top with sliced green onions.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market