- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (GF use Domata)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (9 inch) pie shell, baked (GF use Grandma Fradones)
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed (or your own homemade whipped topping)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spread the coconut on a baking sheet and bake it, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the half-and-half, eggs, sugar, flour and salt and mix well.
- Bring to a boil over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Remove the pan from the heat, and stir in 3/4 cup of the toasted coconut and the vanilla extract.
- Reserve the remaining coconut to top the pie.
- Pour the filling into the pie shell and chill until firm, about 4 hours.
- Top with whipped topping and with the reserved coconut.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market