- 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 2 Tbsp. taco seasoning (half a packet)
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 can fire roasted tex mex tomatoes
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 4 oz. cream cheese, cubed
- Shredded Mexican-style cheese
- 1. Heat EVOO and add onion, jalapenos, and garlic; cook on medium-high heat until onion and pepper are tender. I like to do this in a large stockpot to minimize dirty dishes. :)
- 2. Add turkey; brown and crumble.
- 3. Add taco seasoning and cook for 1 more minute.
- 4. Add black beans, corn, tomatoes, salsa, broth, and cilantro. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 5. Add cream cheese and stir well to help it melt and mix in uniformly.
- 6. Serve garnished with cheese
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market