- 2 chicken breasts
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups green onions, finely chopped, divided
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tomato, diced
- 3 - 14.5oz cans chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- lime wedges
- 1. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet over medium-high, heat 1 teaspoon of the olive oil.
- Add chicken to the heated skillet and lower temperature to medium, cover pan and grill chicken until the internal temperature reaches 165° F.
- Shred chicken and cover with foil to keep warm, then set aside.
- In a dutch oven or equivalent, heat the remaining 2 teaspoons of oil over medium heat until hot.
- Add the 1 cup chopped green onions and minced garlic to pot; Sauté about 2 minutes.
- Add diced tomato; Sauté 1 minute, until soft.
- Add chicken broth, cumin, and salt to pot.
- Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Cover pot and simmer on low for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Layering in separate bowls; Fill each bowl with shredded chicken, diced avocado, chopped green onions (from the remaining 1/2 cup), and cilantro. Next, ladle the chicken broth onto the layered chicken in each bowl.
- Serve each bowl with a lime wedge.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market