- 4 cups shredded kale, stems removed (4 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups shredded savoy cabbage
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots (2 medium)
- 3/4 cup packed finely snipped Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion (1)
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh tarragon or 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon, crushed
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds), toasted
- In an extra-large bowl combine the kale, salt, and olive oil.
- Using your hands, rub the kale to help soften it and brighten its color.
- Rinse the kale in a colander under cool running water; drain well and return to the bowl.
- Add the savoy cabbage, purple cabbage, and carrots; toss to combine. Set slaw aside.
- For the dressing, in a food processor or blender combine the parsley, mayonnaise, sour cream, green onion, vinegar, tarragon, sugar, and garlic.
- Cover and process or blend to combine.
- Add the dressing to the vegetable mixture; toss to coat.
- Sprinkle pepitas over the salad.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market