- Vegetable oil cooking spray, for pan
- 12 graham crackers, finely ground (1 1/2 cups) (GF use GF Graham Crackers)
- 3/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 ounces (4 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 pound cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3/4 cup eggnog
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour (GF use Domata)
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon brandy
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg, plus more for dusting
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a 9-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
- Stir together graham crackers, 3 tablespoons sugar, and the melted butter.
- Press into bottom of pan. Bake until crust is just brown around the edges, 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese with a mixer on medium speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining 3/4 cup sugar, the eggs, yolk, eggnog, flour, brandy, vanilla, nutmeg, and salt; beat until smooth.
- Pour filling over crust.
- Set pan in a roasting pan, and add enough hot water to come halfway up sides of baking pan.
- Bake until just set, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Remove baking pan from water bath, and transfer to a wire rack. Let cool slightly, about 30 minutes.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Cut into 1 1/2-by-3-inch bars. Lightly dust tops of bars with freshly grated nutmeg just before serving.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market