- 2 medium yellow onions, cored and quartered lengthwise
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp. flour (GF use Domata)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- Freshly grated nutmeg, to taste
- ½ cup finely grated Parmesan
- 3 oz. Gorgonzola, crumbled
- ¼ tsp. paprika
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Toss onions with oil in a 9? × 11? baking dish and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake, stirring occasionally, until soft and lightly browned, about 1 hour; set aside.
- Heat oven to broil.
- Heat butter in a 2-qt. saucepan over medium-high heat; add flour, and cook, stirring, until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Add cream and wine, and cook, stirring, until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Season sauce with salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Pour sauce evenly over onions.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan, dot with Gorgonzola, and sprinkle with paprika; broil until cheese is melted and golden brown on top, about 2 minutes.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market