- 4 salmon steaks, about 1 1/2 inches thick
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup of chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped capers
- Rub the salmon steaks with lemon juice and brush them with melted butter.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange in a baking dish and bake in preheated hot oven (425°F) for about 20 minutes, basting with a combination of melted butter and lemon juice every 5 minutes
- Do not turn.
- Arrange the cooked salmon steaks on a hot platter.
- Mix the pan juices with the chopped parsley and capers, and pour over the steaks.
- If additional liquid is needed, add a little dry vermouth or white wine.
- Good with new potatoes, dressed with butter and parsley, and a cucumber salad.
- Makes 4 servings.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market