- 1- 1 large can (29 oz.) of pumpkin puree
- 2- 1 12 oz can of evaporated milk
- 3- 1 c sugar
- 4- 2 t cinnamon
- 5- 1 t nutmeg
- 6- 1/2 t ginger
- 7- 3 eggs
- 1 box of yellow cake mix (GF use Betty Crocker GF Yellow Cake Mix)
- 1 c chopped nuts
- 3/4 c melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and then begin mixing the pumpkin base. Combine the first 7 ingredients below in a large mixing bowl. (No fancy beater or mixer required!)
- Next, add the topping:
- Cover the top of the pumpkin mix with cake mix (you can use the whole box, or less if you like desserts less sweet) and liberally sprinkle up to 1 cup of nuts (I used pecans).
- Drizzle melted butter over everything.
- Distribute the mixture: typically, one serves this in a 9×13 baking pan.
- I chose to make a portion of the mix in single-serving ramekins.
- Either is fine; just be sure to grease your pan or ramekins first and adjust your cooking time depending. A 9×13 pan should be baked at 350 degrees for approximately an hour; if youre using ramekins, Id suggest setting a timer for 45 minutes.
- You should smell the Pumpkin Delight when its ready; the tops should be just browned.
- Set it aside to cool at least 10 minutes before serving (ideally with whipped cream).
- Its delicious fresh, or reheatedbut I also like it straight out of the fridge, when the cake crust tastes a bit like a crunchy candy bar.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market