- 1. 4 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2. Kosher salt
- 3. 1/2 pound thick-cut meaty bacon, finely diced
- 4. 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 5. 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 6. 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 7. 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- 8. 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter
- 9. 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 10. 1 cup mayonnaise
- 11. 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 12. Freshly ground white pepper
- In a large saucepan, cover the potatoes with water and bring to a boil.
- Add a generous pinch of salt and simmer over moderate heat until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes in a colander, shaking off any excess water.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the bacon over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp, about 8 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to paper towels to drain.
- Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of the fat from the skillet.
- Add the onion and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until just starting to brown, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the vinegar, mustard and celery seeds and cook, stirring, until most of the liquid has been absorbed, about 2 minutes.
- In the large saucepan, melt the butter in the milk over moderately low heat.
- Press the potatoes through a ricer into the pot and mix well.
- Fold in the mayonnaise, bacon, onion mixture, and parsley and season with salt and white pepper.
- Serve right away.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market