- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, quartered through the stem end and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 4 cups packed very finely sliced red cabbage (1 scant lb.)
- Sea salt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 Tbs. chopped mint
- 2 Tbs. chopped dill
- 2 Tbs. finely chopped parsley
- Freshly ground pepper
- Crumbled goat feta plus whole mint leaves, to finish
- Heat the oil in a large skillet or wok.
- When hot, add the onion, turn to coat it with the oil, and cook for a minute to sear and soften.
- Add the garlic, then the cabbage, and season with 1 tsp. salt.
- Immediately begin turning it in the pan to wilt it evenly. You dont want to fully cook it, just wilt it; two minutes should be enough time.
- Remove the pan from the heat, toss the cabbage with 2 Tbs. of the lemon juice, then taste and add more if sharpness is desired.
- Toss with the herbs. Season with more salt, if needed, and plenty of pepper.
- Transfer the cabbage to a platter, mounding it in a heap, then shower with the crumbled goat feta.
- Finish with the extra mint leaves and serve.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market