- 1. 1 TB Butter
- 2. 2 TB Flour (GF use cornstarch or Domata)
- 3. 1 Cup Milk
- 4. 1 tsp Dry Mustard
- 5. ¼ tsp Nutmeg
- 6. 6 oz. German Beer ( or your choice of beer) (GF use GF beer)
- 7. 3 Cup Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 8. Black Pepper to taste
- Melt Butter in saucepan adding flour and stirring and cooking it for 1 minute.
- Whisk in cup of milk, keep stirring and cook for several minutes until thickens.
- Once it has thickened add beer.
- Stir in well and bring to a boil and turn down to simmer stirring constantly.
- Stir in pepper, nutmeg and dry mustard. Add Cheddar Cheese one cup at a time.
- Stir until all melted.
- Best with Soft Pretzels.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market