- 1/2 Gallon of Fresh Apple Cider
- Bring 1/2 gallon of fresh apple cider to a boil in a large heavy saucepan or dutch oven.
- Reduce heat to low simmer and simmer uncovered 3 to 4 hours, stirring occasionally until syrup coats the back of a spoon and has consistency of maple syrup.
- Cool completely and store in an airtight container in refrigerator indefinitely.
- Has an intense apple flavor and I added 2 tablespoons to apples in a pie and got rave reviews.
- Can also be used over ice cream, yogurt, or any baked or cooked apple dish.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market